We are sure you are all aware of the worldwide corona virus (COVID-19) outbreak. The people who are most at risk are the elderly (with existing heart, lung, kidney disease and diabetes) and those with a compromised immune system (cancer patients and other severe diseases). With all that being said, we still are taking every precaution to keep our staff and patient population safe.
If you think you may have the Corona virus ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have a fever ( measured) and a cough/shortness of breath?
2. Have you traveled to any high level advisory areas (China, South Korea, Japan, Italy or Iran) within the last 14 days?
3. Have you been in contact with someone who has been tested positive for the COVID-19 virus or a severe acute lower respiratory illness within the last 14 days?
If the answers are YES to #1 AND 2 or #1 AND 3, please call the Health Department (866) 779-6121 to be advised what to do next.
Currently, the chances of contracting COVID-19 are low the best way is by taking some common sense steps.
1. Stay away from anyone who is sick
2. Stay home if you are sick and do not send your kids to school if they are sick
3. Wash your hands frequently
4. Try not to touch your face
5. No hand shaking or hugging
Below is a link to a CDC website with more information. This is an evolving situation and recommendations may change